NCDA: Facilitating Career Development (WFRS)
- Welcome to NCDA's Facilitating Career Development Training!
Welcome to NCDA's Facilitating Career Development Training!
Welcome to our journey together!
We will be learning about career development and what that means for our clients.
We will also learn about ourselves and learn from each other throughout this course. I am excited and cannot wait to get started!
Here are a few pictures of me, my hubby, and our doggy Remy -- hope you like them!
I cannot wait to see pictures of all of you and learn more as you create your profiles!
"You cannot go far alone. You enjoy your journey better if you have people by your side."
Week 5: Ethics and Multicultural Populations
- Week 5: Ethics and Multicultural Populations
This week, we will discuss:
Chapter 5, which focuses on our ethical obligations and the requirements we all share as career development professionals. We will also consider, Chapter 6, which discusses the importance of understanding diversity and multiculturalism and how we can contribute to an inclusive, trusting, empathetic and open view of the clients that we serve.
Your assignments for this week:
- Read chapters 5 & 6 in the manual.
- Complete the journal assignment below.
- Interview a person with a different background than your own in order to increase your cultural competence. Be prepared to briefly highlight/discuss what you discovered.
- Be prepared to test your knowledge with the questions in your book during our next Face-to-Face session.