Career Development Facilitator training can enhance the skills and knowledge of individuals who work in any type of career development setting.
As a Career Development Facilitator participant, you will receive training in each of the 12 career development competencies. Whether you take the class at home or in the classroom, the training includes hands-on and interactive teaching methods and opportunities to interact with colleagues from a variety of work settings. Since the course content covers 12 important competencies, there is plenty of opportunity to build skills and knowledge in areas that are new to you, as well as enhance and develop those that you use every day in your work.
- Career resources and labor market information
- Career planning processes
- Basic helping and facilitation skills
- Career development models and theories
- Informal and formal assessment approaches
- Diversity and specific population needs
- Development and maintenance of an effective career resource center
- Training others and program promotion
- Case management and referral skills
- Ethical and scope-of-practice issues
- Professional and resource portfolios
- Cutting-edge job searching
- and more . . .!
- CRTeacher: Gavan Ambrosini